Sonoma and Napa counties - District 10

The AARP Foundation's Tax-Aide program does tax return preparation, including electronic filing, at no cost to taxpayers. Though the focus is low-to-moderate income households headed by someone 50 years and older, there is neither an age limit nor an income cap. If you're under 50, you're still very welcome to use Tax-Aide services. AARP membership is not required.


The regular 2020 tax season ended on May 17, 2021. The district's summer-fall tax clinic begins on July 12th. 

The tax clinic will be held on selective Mondays between mid-July and mid-October, at the Franklin Park Clubhouse, 2095 Franklin Avenue, Santa Rosa. The format will be modified face-to-face tax preparation; "modified" involves plexiglass screens and mask requirements. 

Tax returns can be prepared for tax year 2018, 2019, and/or 2020, and amended returns for those years can also be prepared. Other assistance - such as responding to a notice from the IRS or California Franchise Tax Board (FTB) - is also available. 

Tax clinic service is offered by appointment only. Taxpayers can call the Tax-Aide number for the Franklin Park Clubhouse, 707-536-1518, and leave a message requesting an appointment. Appointments will be made starting the week of June 14th,


We will contact taxpayers who have requested an appointment, to schedule them.

Appointments will generally be in the order that requests were received, but priority will be given to taxpayers who worked in 2020 and whose total income is less than $30,000, making them eligible for California's $600 Golden State Stimulus



Our district phone number is 707-327-2401. Please call that number if you have a question about our program in general, or a question about a tax return that we prepared at any site within the district. 


You can also email us, at , with questions.


Last updated: May 30, 2021.  Comments and corrections? Please leave a message at 707-327-2401, or email us at